Tuesday, January 11, 2011

55-107 Naupaka St.

Oh what it is like to live in the Quiet House!!! So here is my experience thus far...I arrived two Saturday's ago to a nice and spacious little apartment, that was very true to it's name, quiet. Sunday I woke up and was blessed by the beautiful blue ocean view, AMAZING! For about three, maybe four, days it was complete serenity. Then, it happened, other people moved in! Let me tell you the legend of the Quiet House...Once upon a time there was a rule made by BYU-H that there was only allowed to be a certain amount of people living in a House that was off campus. I am pretty sure the cut of was like 15 or so, but of course Ken and Florence Ortan (my landlords) decided that it would be better to stuff as many people as uncomfortably possible into a House to make as much money as possible. So they were able to stuff 36 girls into one house! It is a mad house here! Now that the other 33 residences of this here inn have come back to beautiful Hawaii we have never gone to sleep at a descent hour. There is always something going on up stairs! Yelling, Screaming, Laughing, Playing, Talking, Walking, Moving Furniture, anything with a sound has happened here at the Quiet House and I have been in the basement the whole time to witness it:) Lovely!
Now that I have complained a bit let me tell you the joys of living here. The Quiet House is up on the Laie Point which is basically a big hill. It takes about 15 to 20 minutes to get to school everyday and coming back to the house is quite a work-out and I definitely need it. We were privileged with many supplies like hair driers, and pots and pans, as well as not expired canned food. I have an amazing view that just blows my mind and takes my breathe away every morning. On top of all that I have the greatest roommates in the world. Trellany Udall and Megynn Caffall were the perfect girls to room with for being on my own for the first time. We look out for each other, make each other laugh, make fun of each other, share each other's stuff, and a whole lot more. Also, I want to say I love people (I think I might have made you think otherwise by the above comments, uh sorry 'bout it) and it will be fun to get to know the other 33 girls that we will be living with. I am excited for all the crazy, fun times these girls will offer!
So, all in all the Qiuet House, 55-107 Naupaka St., has served me well and I can't wait for the many months to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment