Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Blessings of a Fever

So since Friday of last week (it is currently Thursday of the week after) I have been battling a nasty fever. Due to my lack of preparation (no sleep) the vile bug that has been going around in the library finally got me. Sunday was the worst nights out of them all. I had the shivers, I kept on talking in my sleep (my roommates said I was delirious), I felt dizzy, my head was pounding, my throat was soar, I was coughing up-what it sounded like- hairballs, my nose was runny, etc... I was one hundred percent sick. So I called my home teachers, they didn't respond. So i called our good friends that live down the street, Chris and Sam. [mind you Chris is the deaf man we interpret for on Sunday] They came over right away and gave me a blessing. Let me tell ya, WOW. I needed that blessing so so much. Chris gave (signed) me the blessing and I knew the moment he started signing that everything he was saying was a message from God and that Chris was the inspired messenger. I am so grateful for the power of the Priesthood and the opportunity I have to help utilize that power. After the blessing my head stopped pounding. About an hour after the blessing i broke fever, it was amazing! I know that the power of God can work through people if they are worthy and in my case I have enough faith to accept the power of God. I am currently in recovery mode my throat is the only thing left and its only a little soar, I'm sure by tomorrow I will be fine:)

No comments:

Post a Comment