Monday, May 2, 2011

Easters 2011

This is Easter was one of the more unique Easters we have had as a family to say the least. We had dinner with the grandparents and Scott and let me tell you I felt like it was a scene out of a comedic movie. My grandparents were a hoot and a half the whole time. Never did my stomach stop hurting from laughing so hard that whole day. First my grandpa kept telling the family about the juicy new details he found out about in his family history chart, "Did you know that my great great great great great grandfather was the grand duke of so-and-so. Now it's not just your grandmothers side of the family that has got a little spice. Your grandpas side of the family is not too boring now either, huh?" Ha. Then at dinner my grandparents were asking a bunch of wedding questions to Megan and Scott. (P.S. it has been kind of stressful to put together this wedding being the first we have ever done before and all) and then all of a sudden my grandpa whips out this "are you sure you are doing the right thing?" question and then my grandma, ha, being the funny woman that she is says, "Well I wasn't too sure about you either..." everyone was so surprised and laughing so hard. My grandpa was one of the most surprised out of all of us and after that comment they just kept going. It was like listening to Estelle Getty from The Golden Girls in a sarcastic quarrel. It was so funny! Well after all the good food we set out for a classic Easter egg hunt and it was then that I realized as a temporary house guest I no longer have the privilege of searching for the eggs! I am too old! It was quite a devastating discovery, however I was able to look past it and move on to more important things like helping Jake find the eggs:) All in all, it was a delightful Easter and I am so grateful we had family to share it with.

No comments:

Post a Comment