Sunday, May 29, 2011
Yesterday's Service
What I am about to share is probably a no brainer to the whole world, including me. However, it is such a simple principle that sometimes it is forgotten until you actually have an experience that shows how the principle really works. The other day I was just not feeling up to being so happy, it sounds dumb, but true. I thought everyone didn't like me, I thought I was fat, I was being mean, etc. (also I was on my period, ugh). I thought my favorite family (other than my own-Ben's family) didn't like me or something and I didn't want to see them in aviodance of their "hatred" towards me. Despite my thoughts I went over to their house for Adam's graduation party and ended up staying 'till 12:30 p.m. visiting with Sister Arnett, Adam, Luke, Luke's friend Jordan, and a couple of me and Adam's friends. It was nice but still I wasn't feeling very loved. The next day I went over to the Arnett's house again to help with some yard work with my parents. We were over there for a good three hours helping Brother Arnett clean up some of his backyard. After we left I could feel that my attitude had changed. Regardless of how the Arnetts really feel about me (which I hope they really don't hate me-at least I don't feel that way) I was happy again! It is incredible what can happen when you are able to put your own problems aside to help and serve others. You are able to bless other people's lives, but in the end I feel like you get blessed the most! I know when I forget mself in the work I am truly blessed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment