Sunday, June 19, 2011

This Past Week

This past week has been such a blessings! I have been working extra hours which earns me the BIG BUCKS (to get back to Hawaii) and I have had some really cool experiences with the family I nanny as well as the lady I organize for. My boss and I (for my nannying job) have always been very professional with eachother. Everything about her kids is business; they have a schedule they follow she pays me by the hour if, I am late or stay over longer she pays me exactly to the "T" (in cents). We joke with eachother in the "this-is-really-cheesy-and-lame-and-fake-joking-but-we-do-it-to-make-small-talk-and-to-try-to-seem-normal" (ha too long?) I love her to death, don't get me wrong, but we have just never really connected and come on lets get real, I am babysitting her kids, it is probably a good thing to be buddy buddy with the parents. But anyways, this past week she opened up to me and told me all about her extended family.She opened up to me in a way that made me realize that she was a real person, a loving, caring mom. Not just someone that sits in her office all say treating everything like a business deal. I realize her life is not perfect and niether is she, I realize she loves her kids more than life itself and would seriously do anything for them (that is her excuse to keep working-so she can provide for her kids) I know she has loved deeply and been seriously hurt or felt deep sorrow. She is an amazing, strong, wonderful woman and I am so grateful that she opened up to me and we are truly starting to become good friends. With the lady that I organize with she has asked me if I can now start to translate her mothers journal from the 50s. It has been such a cool experience to read about this womans life and the struggles and happines she has been through during that time era. Next I went to a Time to Blossom training meeting that lasted all day Saturday. I am so excited to be apart of Time to Blossom and can't wait to be so spiritually uplifted! (oh btw, Time to Blossom is like EFY [Especially For Youth] with all the speakers and dances and fun activities and all only it is just for girls and because it is fairly new it has only been spread around Arizona. I am going to be a counselor fro Time to Blossom, SO EXCITED) Also this is a good thing that happened but it was kinda funny or it definitely will be funny down the road. My genius little brother, Brigdon decided to shove a jewelry bead down his ear and it got stuck!My dad for the past two days has been trying to get it out and finally they went down to my cousins dentistry office and used the sucking tool used to suck out spit and water from your mouth to get out the bead from his ear! Hilarious right? ha anyways I am excited for these next two weeks of Time to Blossom and so grateful for this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment