Tuesday, August 2, 2011

No Good, Dirty, Rotten

I feel like that third grader who has just been asked by the teacher to come stand in front of the class and apologize for the naughty thing he did. This naughty thing I did is definitely something that I think most people have done, do, or will do in their future. In our society we are surrounded by this disease that seems to captivate our curiosity so well. Gossip. It can be the littlest of ideas that you plant in someones head that grow outrageously fast and is tremendously destructive.
Gossip is no good, dirty and rotten. The more you spread it the more it becomes the game called telephone rather than truth. It gets disgustingly deformed. And don't think that when you tell people not to tell anyone else that that saves you from spreading the disease.
I'll be honest, I have come to determine that if you tell me not to tell, I won't, but if you don't say anything I don't think its a big deal and I keep spreading instead of stopping it before it even gets to my ears.
This picture definitely describes this horrible disease. More times than not I have been that woman at the end of the painting and I'm kind of really sick of it. I am done gossiping and I will be the first to bite my tongue before I let it come out of my mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment