So day 6 and 7 have been so great! I have been laughing for dayzzzz! Saturday I was so privileged to see two of my good friends get sealed to each other for time and all eternity. What a wonderful gift and I cant think of a more deserving couple. They are both such wonderful examples of people who try hard to follow the Lord's will and are truly blessed for their righteous actions. It was also a fun experience to be in a wedding party and take pictures and stuff and things. I loved the wedding party, so many fun people!!! The reception was very beautiful--the theme was shabby chic with colors of teal, burnt orange, and eggplant-- and the dj was so good! Such a fun party atmosphere.
The next day (Sunday), day light savings creeped up on us so we actually walked in an hour later than when sacrament was really served, bummer. We tried, hopefully our efforts were noted;) The rest of this Sunday was a beautiful day and we weren't going to let it go to waste so we made our way down to Oakland. Went to the ghettos of Oakland where there were some pretty good Latino food stops. Shared a bunch of laughs. And visited the Oakland temple. Then flew on a plane back to AZ. Overall awesome trip!
One thing that I have learned from these two days, is the value of a good friend. In my patriarchal blessing it teaches me of the importance of good friends. To choose those that will be uplifting and those that will support my righteous ideals. I feel so blessed because I definitely feel like I have been given that within the last few years. My high school friends, my roommates, my ward family, the YSA friends I have made through out the years and these friends I went to California with. I advice to find friends that are there to help you progress. Those that support you in your righteous ideals and compliment you in areas that you do well in and are also not afraid to call you out on your crap if you are not doing so hot. We all need each other in this world, that's why God sent us all here together, lets try and lift each other up in good friendships shall we?!







No comments:
Post a Comment