Monday, January 3, 2011

ALOHA!!!!

Aloha everyone, I am officially in love with Hawaii! I arrived in my beautiful apartment around 8 last night and the weather was absolutely perfect! You Arizonians will understand what I am talking about when I say leaving a cold 40 degrees Fahrenheit to arrive in a wonderful 75 degrees with a light ocean breeze has been Heaven. Sorry to the rest of the world because my 40 degree Arizona winters is nothing compared to your 4 degrees Fahrenheit winters, I know I am complaining, but as long as I know that I am it's alright, right? Any way, I would just like to tell you about my Hawaii experience so far considering that this is like an online journal I fell like it would be appropriate to do so.
I arrived in Honolulu, Hawaii after a long 16 hours travel time and fell right asleep. Let me tell ya its tiring to travel! This morning was beautiful, I woke up to the sound of the ocean and looked out my window to see the sun rising in the east showing off beautiful Hawaii and the gorgeous sea view. I love it here! My roommates, Trellany Udall and Megynn Caffall, and I got ready for the day and went to church. Our ward is so multicultural it is so great! Then we went to the temple and and the visitors center it is so white and definitely beautiful. The spirit there is so strong, I cant wait to do baptisms for the dead there. We got caught in the rain and for three Arizonan girls it was walking through paradise. WE LOVE RAIN. Then we went  to our house to lounge and low and behold a girl from our ward came to visit with us. We ended up going over to her house and meeting some of her other roommates. We plan to have dinner groups with them, they are so fun! Then we went to this culture club orientation fireside thing. We came late so really all we were there for was closing prayer and refreshments, sad yes, but I have decided I want to be apart of the Samoan club. Then we met some Fijians, and Poly's that we hung out with until we went home. They are so cool and I can't wait to hang out with them more! I love the people, I love the weather, I love this adventure and I am so grateful God gave me this opportunity! Any way, thats what my life is like in Hawaii so far, No big deal ;) I will post pictures sometime soon, when I take some of course...Until next time PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment