Friday, January 28, 2011

Did Someone Say SIGN????

So last Sunday, and I am pretty sure every Sunday that we will be here, we (as in my roommates and I) translated in sign language to our friend Chris, who is the deaf boy that lives down the street. Super cool, funny kid...Sometimes I forget that he is deaf...Anyways we all took two years of sign language in high school but it was still super nerve-racking considering that the week before we went over to his house and learned the church signs he thought we would needed to learn and then that next Sunday he threw us into interpreting. My roommate, Megynn, kept smiling and basically finger-spelled all of the talk she was interpreting. Good thing Chris is nice and just kept encouraging us by telling us we were doing good and that he could understand. I can testify sign in high school helps but it is definitely not enough to keep up with your deaf friend, ha, or interpreting. Any hoot, it is a great experience and definitely stretches me out of my comfort zone, thank you Mrs. Singleton for helping me sign in high school and thank you Chris Wood for helping me with sign in the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment