Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Me Familia

 First off I just have to say, I LOVE my family so so so so much. They are all each very amazing, talented, loving, fun,etc. definitely my kinda peeps. However, I have never been one to cry when I leave them for time, it's just not my personality. I don't know maybe it has something to do with the whole Plan of Salvation thing, I know I will always have them forever so a short time away from them doesn't bug me, but this last week I have been an emotional wreck everytime I think of leaving them.
This summer has been such a fun summer, full of family adventures. First Megan's wedding and the new addition to the fambam, Scott Cardon. He is a really cool guy, truly loves Megan and definitely suits her. He fits with the family:) We have gone on hikes,
Sunday dinners, late night scripture studies, music jam sessions, and just hanging out having a great time laughing.
I have gotten a lot closer to my family this summer and love and appreciate them so much more. The other night Jacob, my littlest brother, couldn't sleep so I sang him The Lullaby by Billy Joel. This song is very special to me becuase when I was little my dad would sing it to me and megan all the time, it is about leaving the nest (for lack of a better term) and yes it will be sad to leave but your loved ones will always be there for you. Anyways, about the second time through I just started balling. I realized, again, that I would be leaving my family for a longer period of time and would miss my brother "growing up". When he saw me crying he took his shirt to wipe my tears. He kept telling me that he would come with me to Hawaii, "Ia dow wif u to Havie," and wouldn't leave my side all night, in fact he fell asleep in my lap as I was doing some homework on the computer.
Family is so important to me and I love mine very much. I am sad to leave them, but I know Hawaii is where I need to be right now and my family will always be there because of our loving Heavenly Father who has created such a Plan of Happiness that allows us to be together forever.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment