So my last post was in March talking about something that happened in February...wow I am really bad at this! It is sad to say that I am keeping on the tradition of writing a post a month later than the actual event. I hope, however, that I won't wait another month to write again. Anyways, so I did it. I got my Associates degree with an emphasis in Art from Brigham Young University-Hawaii. It was such a fun adventure and I am so grateful to be so blessed as to have an experience of living on one of God's beautiful touches of heaven. I loved the paradise I was surrounded by; the lush greenery, the soft sands, the clear, turqouise waters, the blessed wind, the Aloha spirit, the wonderful school, the delicious food, the beautiful and peaceful temple, and the amazing people. I cried for three days straight knowing full well that I was coming back for good. It was such a blessing to live there and I am so grateful for not only my experiences but also my memories that I will cherish so much.
Now, being home I realize, "Oh crap...what do I do now?" Ha, I guess its time to start another adventure. For starters, SCHOOLS OUT FOR THE SUMMER!!! which in my mind means, PLAY PLAY PLAY PLAY PLAY:) From Friday to Wednesday I will be in California with my roommate from HI, Lindsay Bush, to say farewell to a dear friend (also a former roommate), Madison Carver, who will be leaving for Moscow, Russia on her mission on April 25th. We (Linds and I) are so excited and proud of our roommate. She is so wonderful and is the perfect candidate to be serving the people of Russia.
After that little adventure, on Thursday (I planned this very perfectly;)) my best friend and missionary, Ben Arnett, will be coming home April 26th. I am so excited for him to get home and I already feel like I need to apologize to everyone because I think I will be a little distracted once he gets home;). It is going to be crazy nuts and so much fun. I can't wait to hear of all his missionary stories, I am sure he has billions! And I can't wait to tell him about Hawaii. We have so much to catch up on!!
Also this summer, is Time To Blossom again, which I am way excited for. The speakers are going to be great and super inspiriational, these girls are always so spoild (and secretly so am I) I LOVE IT!
And also getting a job! monamonamonaMONA! I will work until probably Winter semester of 2013 (wow already wipping out the big one-three) and then go back to school (either UVU, BYU, of ASU) for either social work or psychology. I have been looking into either being an Art Therapist or a Child Psychologist. I am excited that I have made a decision like this becuase before I knew that going down the road of photojournalism was good and would lead me to something that was even better than photojournalism and I think serving others in this way is so much better.
Welp, this summer is packed with fun fun stuff. I cant wait for the ball to keep rolling!
Ah, such FUN adventures! Congrats on your degree--your future plans sounds AMAZING! Love you!!
ReplyDelete