Sunday, March 4, 2012

PAreNtaL SupErVIsiON

From February 8, 2012 through February 12 2012 I had such the opportunity and privilege to host a whole half week/weekend to none other than MY PARENTS in Hawaii!!! It was so much fun, I loved having them here! On Wednesday, they flew in around afternoonish time and then they took off exploring around the city side of the island. I saw them at night and they probs I was insane I was jumping and screaming and going nuts when i saw them. I showed them where I wash my clothes, ha, where I sleep, where I eat, my deck, I introduced them to my roommates, and kept wanting to show them so much more. I felt like a kindergartener showing their teacher the glue project they just finished. On Thursday, while I was slaving away at school and work, they went exploring Haliewa and then we went to the PCC at night to watch the Night Show. I love it everytime I go. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to go to a school so culturaly diverse, I have learned so much about other people's cultures, it has definitely had an impact in my learning/growing curve here. On Friday after school I ran off with my parents around the island. ON our way down to Kailua we stopped at the Macadamia Nut Farm and tried all their samples and bought some good treats. Then we sat on the Lanikai Beach while we chatted about life. It wasn't a beach my dad was really expecting-he kind of is like a little kid in the aspect that he wants to play all the time while on vacation- there were no waves at the beach (it is more of a tourist "lay-out" beach, super beautiful, just not body surfing appropriate. From there we went to Duke's for dinner. I LOVE DUKE'S! Surprisingly, my parents loved it too- they think it is weird I am all about food here, I think they started to understand why;). On Saturday, my parents rented Kayaks and a paddle surfboard and we went down to Kahana Bay and floated up and down the river and into the ocean. It was so cool, kind of reminded us of the Pirates of the Carribean ride in the beggining at Disney Land. I have never been down there to that beach before, it is gorgeous! From there we went up to Haliewa in hopes of finding another river to paddle in but instead went exploring out to the Kaena Point and then stopped at Mokuleia Beach in Waialua. That beach is so beautiful! AND there is seagulls out there! I have never seen seagulls here it was nuts! It was so nice being able to chill at the beach with my parents and get one on one time with them, they seriously are so great. From there we went back to Laie and had hobo dinners with Kilie and Huston (my married couple friends out here) on thee beach with a bonfire. My parents and the Farnsworth's got along so well. My parents kept talking story 'bout their younger years. It was so much fun to listen to them. We had Ted's pie at Kilie and Huston's house, my dad adjusted them, and talked story more. I think Huston is my dads number one fan, HA!!! On Sunday my parents came to my ward for sacrament and then we went to the temple and walked around. From there we went to Kilie and Huston's again for lunch and our goodbye's. Then my parents went exploring the West side of the island before making it to the airport to take off. It was such a fun trip and I think my dad has Hawaii-sickness. HA He misses it so much and I miss having them here so much! Well we will have to do it again soon, I am only here 'till April;)

2 comments:

  1. You make me wish I was in Hawaii!! I have (sadly) never been there before...but I will...someday. Steve also attended BYU Hawaii and lived there when he was 8. He was baptized in Hawaii, not sure which Island though. :)
    Glad you were able to see and spend time with your folks. It's always nice to have family around!
    Take Care...still have to remind myself you're not the little girl I remember when we lived at Grandma's back in '99 to 2000! Now you are a beautiful young woman!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah thanks Jana, it was really fun! someday you guys really should visit. And dont worry my dad is what? Maybe 46 and he finally made it out here ha I hope you guys are doing well though I miss you guys! HAve a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete