Upon my arrival to the mainland I quickly began to miss the company of close friends and family from Hawaii. To lessen the pain just a bit I have been e-mailing one of my old professors. He was one of my favorite professors; he taught me so much about the gospel and more specifically so much about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Recently in our e-mails we have talked a great deal about Ben and my relationship. He met his wife-to-be when she was a mere 18 years old and shortly after her 19 birthday they wed. So he-being the hopeless romantic that he is-is never hesitant to "push me in the right direction" of marriage (or so would be his words). We argue constantly about the subject matter, me saying I am too young or he recently (a month ago) just returned and I have to give him time, etc... 'till his last message. He told me "Marriage is not something that depends on age, it depends on whether or not two people are willing to live the commandments, sacrifice for each other, and forgive each other (lots of forgiveness). You can pray about it and feel the confirmation of the Holy Ghost and then nothing else matters. As long as two people are absolutely committed to living the Gospel, everything else will work out."
Even though I can honestly say that I am not fully ready nor prepared to take that next step I thank my professor tremendously for his words and hope to remember them when my time comes.
Amen, to what your professor said. it's true-I know it! Not enough space to tell you our story but I can tell you if you are committed to living the Gospel fully--everything WILL work out.
ReplyDelete