Saturday, November 10, 2012

Date Night Say Wha??!!!

So Last night was a pretty (emphasis on the t's) cool/creative date. I have to give props to the man who thought of it and give probs ten brownie points. Dave Roberts, this guy in my ward, took me out last night. We first went to Charlestons for dinner, classy and always yummy. And then the second part was a surprise! First thing you have to know if you want to please me, I love surprises! I will try so hard to drill the secret out of you, but if you manage to keep it till the end, lets just say you are in good territory. Okay anyways, so after dinner we started for Phoenix, which honestly I had guessed that much because he told me earlier to dress "urban". It was a weird request, I will admit, but I figured we were headed somewhere cool like phoenix if we had to dress like that. Anyways, I keep getting side tracked. So we went to Phoenix, by the ASU campus, to the "Space Park" or something like that. There were a bunch of people gathered around and as we parked and walked closer I could hear the music with the low and loud bass beat...We were at a break dancing competition!! It was so rad! There were some people on the outsides of the crowd bunched around the dance floor that were break dancing to the beats and there was a local artist out painting some rad, almost graffiti type looking pieces. Then in the center of the circle was the dance floor. At first there was a dance crew from Gilbert, with probs around 20 people dancing. It was incredible! Every move was so unexpected and it made me want to jump out on the floor and pop out some moves of my own, moves I really don't have, but I was letting my imagination take flight just for a bit. Then after the crew, the battle began. It was set up that four people would enter the dance floor together, so two couples, and each person got a minute to dance to any song the DJ picked. There was four competitions, so 16 people dancing. At the end, the winners of each round came together and were going to battle it out, so by the end there were 8 people on the dance floor. However, due to the rain and not wanting the equipment to get ruined, each dancer received $100. I was so blown away from the dancers moves; they could move their body in such incredible ways, like talk about quadruple-jointed! It was so awesome!
Then we went to some friends in our ward's house and played ultimate spoons. Which is the worst game ever! I had the worst anxiety and was shaking like a little chihuahua pup. Regardless of my nerves, it was super fun and I have another great excuse why I love my ward so much! After that Dave took me home and I went inside with a huge smile on my face.
One of my favorite first dates in a long time. I love going on dates, it is so much fun!

1 comment:

  1. this sounds AWESOME! I could TOTALLY see you "imagining" the moves--heck I am imagining the moves I don't have! ;) Glad you had a GREAT time!!

    ReplyDelete