You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the England London South Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months.
You should report to the England Missionary Training Center of Thursday, April 4, 2013. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the English language. Your assignment may be modified according to the needs of the mission president..."
Can you only imagine my excitement when I read these words. I was elated!
I recall earlier that night, going straight from work over to my cousins house in Queen Creek, thinking, "Watch, just my luck, this will be the day I will get my mission call and I wont even be able to open it, because I am babysitting late and I am 15 minutes away from any civilization [sorry all you Queen Creekers, but it is super far]"
And because it was my luck I was going by, I wasn't even shocked nor surprised when my mom called me around 7:30 p.m. with a "special envelope with my name on it." However, that doesn't mean my excitement didn't follow close behind as I let the gears turn in my head. I had gotten my mission call, the call that will change my life and the lives of many others. The call that tells me where I will spend the next year and a half teaching people about the many truths of the gospel that have made me extremely happy throughout the years. The call that I have seen many other pre-missionaries open in relatable excitement and curiosity. I could no longer sit still. I called my cousin and told her the news. She said to take the kids and find out where I am going. So we buckled everyone in the car and headed home for a quick second to find out the destination. When I had the envelope in my hands I couldn't contain myself. I wanted to explode and run around the room yelling, "I am going to be a missionary!!!"
After I read where and when I was going on my mission to England I couldn't take an ear to ear smile off my face. It was and is a perfect mission for me to serve. I have the comfort of speaking English, but yet the foreign experience of going to a place so different than home. As I have thought more and more about my mission I know without a doubt that I was meant to go to England and people are being prepared for me to come and teach them with the excellent help of the Spirit.
CONGRATULATIONS MCKAYLI!!!! That is so exciting and I am so proud of you for serving a mission. You are going to be such a great example to everyone you meet and the people you teach. Have fun in England! :) Love ya!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! What an adventure that will be! Awesome location!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteCongrats, McKayli! That is so exciting, and I know you'll be an amazing missionary!
ReplyDeleteMemories of Madison's call. I just watched this and sat here and cried like a baby! A wee li'l baby! That was meant to sound British, but I think I'm channeling Shrek. Anyway, Congratulations, dear Sister McKK. I'm so very excited for you and the experience that lies ahead. Best thing that could have ever happened to Mads ... well, all of us.
ReplyDeleteYou are going to be the best missionary! Love you!! xx