A month before I leave on my mission is quickly approaching (as in, it is the second and the fourth of March will mark one month left) and I would like to do something...um...festive? Sure that's what I will call it. I want to cheerfully celebrate every day like it was my last up until I leave.
Now I know I am only gone for 18 months and I am not dying but I would like to spiritually prepare myself more by looking at each day like it was my last. What would you do if it really was your last day?
I would probs try and do everything good that I possibly could do in that day. I would read my scriptures like I had just discovered a thousand year old, sought after treasure. I would pray to God like I was sitting with him and having a conversation. I would repent more. I would appreciate my families company more and seek opportunities to tell them and show them that I love them. I would play music more. I would smile all day long. I would hug more. I would strive to follow God's first and second greatest commands; to love God with all my heart, might, mind, and strength and love my neighbor as myself. I would work hard and have fun doing it. I would dance like no one was watching, work like I didn't need the money and love like I have never been hurt before.
Okay okay that last part was a quote from Mark Twain and a bit cheesy for my taste, but you get what I mean.
So for the next 30 days or so I will try my hardest to live every day to its fullest and document my findings. I know the decision I have made to serve a mission is the best for me right now and I am so excited for the time I have to focus strictly on serving the Lord and his people.
Ahhh hang out with me puhleeeassseee
ReplyDelete