Turkey Day this year consisted of:
1) Gilbert 5K Turkey Trot in Santa suits-A) why Santa suits? B) Doesn't matter, they were free! Shout out to my running buddy, Caleb Arnett. He had skills to run and change gear all at the same time! (the Santa suits got a little toasty warm whilst running and Caleb decided to take the suit off mid run) And he didn't even forget to laugh when I tripped over a cone and fell straight on my behind while running backward, "ten points for Gryffindor!"
2) Preparing and eating Thanksgiving dinner with family and friends at me casa. Playing the ultimate card game, Nerts, with only the best of the best-McKenzie Nethercott's family taught us how to play this game when I was still in my mothers womb and she was with us this year. And of course falling asleep after eating tonnage! (p.s. I should have gotten a picture later on when Ben fell asleep at his family Thanksgiving dinner. #thatkidfallsasleepeverywhere)
3)Tagged along with Benjamin to his family Thanksgiving shindig in the quaint, humble town of Coolidge-Later I got a tour of the town...It lasted five minutes- Where, of course, we ate way more than our weight in turkey, mash, stuffing, and sweet potato casserole. Watched some football and laughed at old times.
-All in all- it was a pretty great Thanksgiving and I am so grateful for my family and close friends, that we can all be together, living in a free country, stuffing our faces:)
HAPPY TURKEY DAY YA'LL!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment