Monday, November 17, 2014

HIYA, You Alright?!


So hey...its been a while since I have last written on this bloggy blog. Well its been like a year and a half...So I am back now, woo hoo! It is different being back home, really, kinda like a culture shock. There are a lot of different emotions that I have been feeling in the past month or so since I have been home.

Some Thoughts: 
-When your family takes you to the beach a day after you get home from your mission pray like heck that you will forget that you have gained 30 lbs. and most of your skin hasn't seen the sun in so long that it is transparent and just have a good time.
-When you feel like you don't know what to do with your hands, clean something.
-Get in a routine of reading your scriptures! I had to switch around my schedule from full-time "Sister Godard" missionary mode to every day "McKayli" mode. Once I came up with a schedule, it was only up from there!
-Don't get upset with yourself. What you learned on your mission is great and as you choose to apply it into your life, then it will be a blessing. BUT understand you are human and the process of applying all the good you learned on your mission into your life is still step by step, here a little and there a little. 
-TIME is so valuable, keep busy and enjoy the journey!
-Go to the temple, say your prayers, ask your bishop to get involved, get in contact with the missionaries, have FHE (if you still live with your parents and sibs) with your family or attend the local one in your area, etc. There are so many ways we can still remain spiritually active! And it totes seems like a necessity when you first get home.
-Go with the flow, don't let your undies get in a bunch when things get hard and don't go according to plan. Pray for guidance and keep moving forward, remember this is still the Lord's plan and he wants you to be happy!
-Find a friend that you can talk to that totes understands where you are and can give you super good advice!

There are so many things that have happened in the last month that I should have been better about documenting, but this little list are just a few things I have experienced and learned from and I know that I am continuing to be molded by God's hands. 

P.S. The gospel is sooooo true and it really will do miraculous things if we just live it! I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father that takes care of us by giving us the wonderful gift of the gospel!

No comments:

Post a Comment