Rain, rain, go away, come again some other day. Okay, okay, I know being from Arizona where the percentage of rain that comes in is probably 2% I should be super grateful for the rain that is flooding the town of Laie, but seriously it's getting pretty ridiculous. I have been here probably 12 days now and I have only seen the sun twice since I've been here. I guess that this is what I should have expected moving to an island in the middle of the winter season so I really shouldn't be complaining. It is just that I miss the sun!. I realize coming from Arizona I am a big sunshine lover. The weather definitely plays with your moods and I have been really tired lately, instead of what I am like when the sun is out, fun and energetic. So please rain take a day off, move to Arizona and rain all you want over there, I'm sure they will love it, just go away and come again some other day...
So if I was dwelling on only the negative then this would be all I would write and just continue hating all the rain, however I can't do that because it is my goal to find the positive out of everything and be grateful for it. So truly deep down inside I am super grateful for the rain and it really is a positive thing. Without the rain here there would be no green and I love all the green! I wish i could bottle up maybe three days of pouring, non-stop, drench-your-socks-and-shoes-in-puddles rain and send it to Arizona, maybe by the end there would be some green there...maybe...Anyways, positively speaking the rain is just wet, never is it cold, I can definitely be grateful for that. It's like taking a warm shower, I'm always happy with warm. And rain also brings people closer together. Today at school I overheard this couple talking about the rain. the couple never knew each other before, the boy just asked if the girl had an umbrella. The girl said yes and the boy said, "You have instantly become my knew best friend, can i share your umbrella?" The girl laughed and said yes, they exchanged names and possibly numbers and walked across the street huddled under the umbrella that instantly made them best friends.
So in conclusion, the rain here has been horribly long and as my friend, Megan Neal, puts it, "TUMULTUOUS!" I cannot tell a lie, I don't one hundred percent love the rain. BUT, I am grateful for this gift, knowing that it keeps Hawaii beautiful, it's warm, and it brings people closer together.
No comments:
Post a Comment