Monday, March 21, 2011

Kids Say the Darndest Things!

So today I checked my e-mail and found I had an e-mail from one of my favorite families, The Arnett's! I always love when I get e-mails from them because they like to update me on what is going on in their lives and what is going on with my missionary, Ben (their son). However this particular e-mail was quite different than the rest of the e-mails I usually get from them considering that their update mostly included my little brother, Brigdon. When I read this e-mail I couldn't for the life of me stop laughing, it was tremendously hilarious and dare I say, made me a little red in the face. Here is the e-mail, I hope you enjoy!

Hi Five From The Arnett’s!
   I just thought I would say hi and let you in on what a crack up your little brother is.
   Last week I changed the water heater at your folk’s house.  It was spring break and I took Daniel and Caleb over there to help out (play with the Godard kids). When I left for the parts house to get a water heater I asked all the kids if anyone wanted to go with me?  “They have free popcorn!”  The only taker was Brigdon.  It was OK with your Mom so we both went to Farnsworth Wholesale.  The counter man, Keith, has been at Farnsworth forever and has given the Arnett kids a lot of free sodas over many years.  After giving Keith our order Brigdon was ready to head for the popcorn machine.  Keith called Brigdon to the back of the counter and fixed him up with four quarters for the pop machine.  So Brigdon was able to also buy a Gatorade.  When we got back in the truck Brigdon said, “O.K.!  Next time that you go to the plumbing store…  No!  EVERY time that you go to the plumbing store you come and get me, because that man is nice!”  He probably repeated giving the exact same pledge three or four times in the truck.  Then when we pulled up to your house he started again, “O.K.!  EVERY time that you ….  NO!  You need to write this down!  Write down that every time that you go to the plumbing store you come and get me, because that man is nice!  Now write it down!”  He was cracking me up. 
  Then when I was finished with the water heater and was rounding up Daniel and Caleb from their play with the kids, Brigdon started again, “Did you write it down?” 
  I started playing with him, “Write down what?  Tell your Mom what I’m supposed to write down.”
  Without a hitch, he repeated the same pledge, “You’re supposed to write down that EVERY time that you go to the plumbing store you come and get me, because that man is nice!”  Brigdon was great!
   But that was not all.  I hope that this doesn’t embarrass you too much… but…. I thought that it was soooo cute!
   Brigdon asked me to tell him all the names of the kids in our family.  So I began, “The first one is Jasmyne.  Then there is Jessica.  And then we have this boy named Ben.”
   He got so excited, “Ben!  Oh I know Ben!  He’s on his mission!”  He’s my sister’s boyfriend!”
   “He is?”  “Do you think that McKayli and Ben will maybe someday get married?”
   “Oh Yes!” Brigdon proudly declared.
  “Well why do you think that?”
  Then with all of the drama that he could muster, he avowed, “Because they love each other with all their hearts!”
   Of course I’m just cracking up.  So I continued, “They do?  So what makes you say that they love each other with all their hearts?”
  “Because I have seen them kissing!  They think that they are in their secret place, but it’s not that secret.  I know where to find them kissing.”
   “Oh really.  And what do you do when you find them kissing?”
   “I start yelling, ‘They’re kissing!’  ‘They’re kissing!’  Sometimes they try to tell me that they are just ‘talking’.  But I know that they are really kissing!”
   That boy is a blast!
   Well, Mele Kalikimaka, or whatever you say in Hawaiian.
   You have a great family!
   Steve Arnett

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh. I am dying with laughter right now. Hilarious!!! I love Briggs. and I love you. Megan

    ReplyDelete