Tuesday, July 5, 2011

How I Spent My Fourth

So this Fourth of July was a little, no scratch that, a lot different than it normally is. And this is why, NO FAMILY. It was really sad actually (if you think about it), but a fun, new adventure nonetheless. It started like this see...I went to the Salt River with some friends (Rochelle Grimes, Kaley Baldwin, Megan Lambert, Aubree Williams, Greg Wurm, and a boy that I had met the night before at a game night named Justin Kelley [not related to any Kelleys I know apparently]). Got on the river around 11 a.m. and didn't get off the river until 2:30 p.m. So for about 4 hours. we floated down the river with a bunch of drunks singing patriotic sings and throwing wet, oversized marshmellows at eachother. It actually was really fun ha! Then we went to BJ's to eat the most delicous deep dish pepporoni and ham pizzas ever! My mouth is watering just thinking about it. After that I came home to clean up a bit, take a breather and decide with Megan that we weren't going to do anything for Fourth of July as a family so I went to my singles ward FHE Fourth of July celebration. There was good food and a fun group of people there. I was happy because I got a chance to talk to the boy that I like and then practically invited myself to where ever he was going for his Fourth of July celebration. We went out to a mountain on the 202 and Brown with a few friends and watched all the fireworks that were going off. It was definitely short lived because we got there too late to see a lot of them and it was getting stormy and super windy (the kind of storm that brings along lightening and the kind of wind that blows you to the ground). We then decided to hed to a Fourth of July celebration. It was alright. I think I showed up towards the end so I left within twenty minutes upon arrival. Then my friend, Trevor Evans, came over and we watched A Series of Unfortunate Events. I quoted the whole movie and trevor sat in his American flag swim trunks laughing at the fact that I have that whole movie memorized. All in all, it was alright I still love hanging with my family for the fourth, but I did have fun making some new memories. Thanks to all my friends that helped celebrate with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment